MIA
Lately, I've been a little missing in action.
For a while, posting and reposting felt like a constant cycle, and as summer approached, I decided it was time to step away from the journal for a bit and focus on the things right in front of me.
Life has been wonderfully full.
The gardens are beginning to wake up. Cucumbers are climbing, squash vines are reaching for the stars, and flower beds are starting to show off their seasonal beauty. At home, there are lawns to mow, gardens to tend, and all of the little projects that come with caring for a home and property.
Then there's Bittersweet.
As grateful as I am, the business continues to grow and reach more people than ever before, which means I'm busier than I've ever been. Most days begin early and end late. Soap making fills a good portion of those hours. Then there's wrapping soap, labeling products, stocking shelves, answering emails, packing orders, shipping, inventory management, accounting, marketing, product development, and all the other responsibilities that come with operating a small handmade business.
The making is only one part of what I do.
I've also been helping a friend restyle their home, a project that has brought me so much joy. Thoughtfully selecting pieces, respecting the character of the home, and helping create a space that feels beautiful and authentic has been a welcome creative outlet. It's coming together nicely, and I've enjoyed every step of the process.
Sometimes I wish there were a few extra hours in the day.
So if you've noticed that I've been a little quieter lately, it doesn't mean I'm gone. It simply means I'm busy living the everyday moments that fill my days—making soap, tending gardens, helping friends, packing orders, and doing my best to keep up with the many moving pieces of both business and home.
And truly, I wouldn't have it any other way.
Thank you for being here, for supporting Bittersweet, and for allowing me to continue doing what I love every single day.
— Jill



Comments
Post a Comment